Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Etsy Experience - "FabulousnessFinds"

Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well! Today I am writing about my Etsy experience with Ms. Georgia Whalen. I had ordered two pieces of vintage jewelry back in June and was extremely satisfied with the quick delivery and the love put into the packaging that I have decided to blog about it! :) 


      Fancy those crackers... Mmm. Anywho, when ordering vintage jewelry always take in consideration that it is VINTAGE, it's old, it's been used and 9/10 times it won't always be perfect or in mint condition. When I received my package in the mail I immediately discovered that she had so kindly sent me a matching necklace for my antique style ring. This warmed my heart. Next while examining my new beautiful jewels I noticed how clean they were! I mean, I was expecting pretty but the shine on my ring and the cleanness of the pieces were just extraordinary. I am a happy customer and my new pieces of jewelry are timeless, so thanks Georgia! 

Vintage Sarah Coventry Ring with Gold Rhinestone
Vintage Tiger Eye Necklace Sterling Silver Bale with Long Chain
(Photo Credit: Georgia Whalen)

Not only did I have a great Etsy experience but Georgia was also willing to do an interview for my blog. Interviews are always a great way to learn about your seller. I am very thankful for her cooperation and lovely personality!


                                                                        Question # 1:
What first inspired you to create your shop?

"Vintage has always been a huge part of my life but it was only earlier this year that I actually began selling it. Prior to which, I was working as a sort of ‘avante garde’ jewelry designer where I used broken vintage components in my work. However, when purchasing my vintage stock from suppliers, I often received pieces of beautiful vintage jewelry that were still in great condition. I couldn't justify breaking apart these gorgeous pieces simply to re-purpose them into my own work, so I decided to begin selling them. From there, I've expanded into other areas of vintage and I’m excited to be offering my first vintage curated clothing collection this fall."
Question # 2:

When searching for vintage finds, what qualities do you look for in an item?

"First and foremost, if I love it, I buy it. I think it is really important that I be passionate about my product. Once an item has caught my attention, I have to do a thorough check for quality and condition. It is also essential that I am able to authenticate the age of any piece I sell. Unfortunately, so much of the “vintage” sold online is wrongly attributed – even worse, I've seen many pieces don’t have an age listed! Personally, I feel it is my duty to provide buyers with an accurate and authentic age of the vintage items I’m selling."

Question # 3: 
Is your Etsy shop your only job?

"My Etsy shop is my only job. When I decided to open my shop earlier this year, I wanted to commit to it completely. By working solely on my Etsy shop, I was free from the distractions that having an additional job could bring and was able to focus solely on establishing my business. It was a little scary, but thus far I’ve been blessed with amazing customers and have been able to continue to grow my business."

Question # 4: 

What hobbies do you enjoy when you are not working on Fabulousness Finds?

"When I’m not working on Fabulousness Finds, the majority of my time is spent on my school work. I’m going into my third year of university, majoring in Astrophysics. However, having an Etsy shop takes a lot of work and commitment which means that my work tends to spill into all aspects of my life. Luckily, my hobbies and my job often overlap meaning I get to spend afternoons with friends digging through thrift stores, attending local auctions and estate sales and of course, Saturday morning garage saleing."



You can check out her shop here.

If you or someone else is interested in an interview for your blog, website, or Etsy shop feel free to contact me. I'd love to have you at my blog!

Much love,
Kenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment