Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 2 The Wicklow Mountains

Day two... What words can describe the true beauty I felt all around me on this day. We had a blast. We woke up around 6 am and decided that we would go on a guided tour through the Wicklow Mountains. It was one of the best decisions we made! The tickets for each of us were about 28 euros. But we definitely got our money's worth. We made our way on the bus, and our tour guide was automatically brimming with a positive attitude. His energy was great! We stopped first at the coast line and took a bit of pictures. Then our journey began through the Wicklow... Mountains, valleys, rivers, and lakes... Wicklow had them all. We went to the same exact place where "P.S. I love you" was filmed and we actually stumbled upon another movie set about vikings down in the valley. We drove through the town where part of "Leap Year" was filmed and it was just a really nice feeling, because those two movies had actually inspired me to come and pursue my dream in Ireland. How great! We stopped along the way and had spaghetti and wine at this small, earthy little pub. Sammy and I then broke away from the group and went exploring and found a beautiful little river just behind the building that was hidden behind the trees. It was a wonderful feeling to be so submerged in nature the way we were that day. Next the tour group headed toward a little place called Glendalough that was the place of a small, old cemetery and a large tower. Then we made our way through forestry and stopped a long the way to dip our feet in the water. It was so lovely to see all of the families and the children playing in the forest and the shallow waters of the lake. I felt so at peace and a beautiful aura filled the air... And I just kept thinking to myself... I am blessed.




















2 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing! Really love those photos! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just realized i didnt leave my email for you for the giveaway you won! please email me at violet_bella at hotmail.com. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete