Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day 4 & Day 5

Day four... We woke up early once again and had previously booked a train tour down to Cork prior that morning. We took a taxi to the train station which was in the center of town and I was cold. Clad in denim shirt and jeans I wouldn't stop shivering! So Sammy gave me his jacket and I walked about the train station looking like a little girl with his oversized jacket-(Yeah, I know, I'm adorable!) He then bought us breakfast which was the best food we had eaten there all week. They were little stuffed sandwhiches and I am so dissappointed in myself that I didn't Instagram it! But I feel guilty for my followers because I always feel like I'm instagraming food! Woops...

Our train ride was about three hours long. But totally worth it. We arrived in Cork and toured the town, learning a bit more history. Next we arrived at the Blarney Castle, the place where presidents and celebrities have traveled to kiss the Blarney Stone. It was breath taking! The landscaping in itself was beautiful but the castle was magnificent. We climbed about a hundred steps to get to the stone and Sammy and I both kissed the stone, and so now we are forever "Eloquent."

Next we walked through a forest that soon (I say soon but really it took forever!) led on to a quaint country dirt road, and us being from Texas were immediately relieved. It's funny how small things that remind you of home can fill you with so much joy. As we walked we found a lake with two swans who had just happen to have three babies tagging along behind them, continuing our journey we met a friendly horse who was happy with some roadside oats that we had picked for him. We then headed back and ate at a cafe and shopped a bit in an Irish store. All in all it was a great day.




















Day Five

On Saturday we woke up early and jumped onto the Dublin Tour bus once again to refresh our memories on parts of the town, (Because we fell asleep on Tuesday! Haha!) We toured the Guinness Warehouse, Toured the Human Body Exhibit, and some other local Dublin tours. We also went on this fun little Ghost Bus tour which had us laughing the whole time! 

I loved Ireland. It was an experience that both Sammy and I will never forget, no matter what happens. But it made me realize how much I love Texas, and it also made me appreciate the small things just a bit more. 

Much love,
Kenzie


No comments:

Post a Comment