Sunday, July 15, 2012

How To: Paper Beads (Indie/Tribe Style)

I've always loved the colorful looks of native american jewelry. I've especially admired the long white beads that are usually made out of bones. This little do it yourself is inspired by tribal jewelry and ELLE magazine pages. It is an easy an inexpensive project.

What You Will Need:
1.) Magazine Pages.
2.) Scissors.
3. Glue.
4. Toothpick.

You can use as many magazine pages as you want, it all depends on how many paper beads you plan to make. Look at all these juicy advertisements!! I loved the brown and turquoise colors, because I'm going for an African tribe look on my beads.


Now pick out a page that you want to start off with...


Next cut it up into triangular pieces, you can use a ruler if you'd like but if you're like me and in a hurry, just estimate. 


Perfect. Now grab a toothpick and start rolling...


You want to use the toothpick so that you will be able to run your string through the bead,
don't forget to glue at the beginning, middle and end to help the bead keep it's form.


THE FINISHED PRODUCT.


There are many things you can do with paper beads, here is a sneak peak of the next project I will be working on. 


MUCH LOVE,
KENZIE.




4 comments:

  1. Cool... I have some magazines that I'm cutting up and now I want to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so quick and fun! I don't even measure mine, I just cut & go. I'm working on a dream catcher with these right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for it! If you do, I want pictures!<3

    ReplyDelete